Thursday, December 8, 2011

Confessions of a Transitioner Series: Meet Brenda

How far are you in your transition?
 I am 11 months and 2 weeks post as of today

Why did you decide to transition?
 I noticed that my stretches were getting easier every time.I love my new growth as well, so I prefer to have a head full of natural hair since I can manage it without relaxing. 

When do you plan to BC?
  I plan on cutting the remaining relaxed ends at my 2 year mark(December 2012)

What's the hardest part of your transition thus far?
  The hardest part is to come up with styles and blending both textures without using heat. It used to be so hard for me. For example, I would always rollersetting hair when fully relaxed but now with the new growth I can not do that. So I had to come up with other ways to style but at the same time make everything look uniform. Braidouts/flexi rods are now my main style.

Who are you hair inspirations?
  So many ladies have inspired me... Some that had a successful transition and I inspire are :herlucidsKy, she transition for 3 years, Nina Pruitt(transitioned for a little over 2 years),007newnew on youtube(she transitioned a long with her daughter),cocoa89,missthis897,fusionfocultures,haircrush and alodia80

Any hair advice for Newbies?
  I encourage anyone interested in starting a hair journey to join hairlista.com.Everything you need to know is there. There is a whole section for newbies on the front page and that really helped me get started when I started my hair journey.Also read the blogs and look at photos for inspiration.When in doubt, don't be afraid to blog about it or ask for help. Don't forget to take pictures to track your products.And last but not least,listen to your hair and do what works best for you.

Describe your regimen/wash day routine?
  Detangle with conditioner and section my hair in 4 braids. I then wash in the shower. I gently unravel the braids to rinse, then I deep conditioner under a hooded dryer for at least 20 mins.Keeping the hair in sections minimize tangles and it cuts down on my detangling time.

Any product reccomendations?
 I would recommend kinky curly knot today leave-in, aloe vera juice, shea butter and olive oil.

Links to track your progress? :) 
http://www.youtube.com/user/sweetbee06?feature=mhsn
http://www.hairlista.com/profile/Brenda869
http://k-i-s-s.biz/profile/Brenda948

Reactions:

2 comments:

Hi, you manage your transition very well. I'm in transition, at 6 months post texlaxer, and it's hard for me too to changer hairstyle because of blending both textures. I continue my transition because when I see my new growth I'm happy (I love my curls) and it gives me the strength to continue my hair journey..
I sorry if my english is not good but I don't speak english very well.
Good luck for the future of your hair journey ^^.

This is a very good topic. I've been thinking long and hard about this one. I'm on a 6 month stretch right now. I've been thinking about continuing.

Post a Comment

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...
Twitter Delicious Facebook Digg Stumbleupon Favorites More